Saturday, June 30, 2007

The Backstory


My husband and I have always wanted to have kids, but we weren’t sure when, until my doctor recommended I get allergy shots – and wait at least a year to get pregnant. Having this year-minimum time frame in front of us has made us think more about ways we can prepare and things we’d like to know.

One thing I’ve been meaning to investigate is baby paraphernalia.

Of all the stuff that people claim you need to care for a baby, what’s really useful and what just takes up space, what’s worth doing yourself and what’s better to buy, what’s the best value for the cost…and those kinds of things. I thought that while I was learning, I could blog and share what I’ve learned. I can also post questions I have, and you can share your thoughts. So that’s what I want to focus on. But, just to mix it up, sometimes I’ll also post about other things related to our pre-pre-baby phase – like what I’m reading, how I’m growing my business (related because I’d like it to grow to the point I be a stay-at-home mom), things we do that will be more tricky with kids in tow.

Please check back in with me, and please post your comments. I would love to have some great discussions here! There may not be a lot to comment on with this first post, but please do say hello. It'd be great to know you're out there. :)

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging! You'll find the realm of baby gear to be VAST -sometimes very helpful and othertimes completely superfluous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wahoo!! I'm glad you're going to figure this all out before we start having kids. [Hehehe, then I can bring all of my questions to you. :-)]

    You're the best! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Steph! Looking forward to reading more on your blog!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the encouragement! I'm excited about this project. :)

    ~P: I hope I get it all figured out! In the meantime, feel free post any questions you have that I miss.

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say about that?