On this long, rambling journey exploring the surprisingly controversial topic of diapers, what have we learned so far?
- There are lots of kinds of diapers.
- Poll results showed more of you using disposable diapers than cloth diapers.
- It's not clear cut what kind of diapers are best for the environment, but you can make the best out of any kind you choose.
- Some people say cloth diapers aren't so inconvenient after all.
- Like a car, a cloth diaper's resale value will depend on who makes it. (And you don't want either one to leak.)
- Prefolds don't look like they're folded - but they actually are.
- The Amish don't worry about whether cloth or disposable is better.
- Skipping diapers altogether is actually an option. (It's commonly known as Elimination Communication or EC.)
- Some other people say ECing is even easier than dealing with diapers.
- Just when you think you have it all figured out, somebody says, "hey, what about diapers you can flush?!!"
* * * * *
Photos: 1) Wild diapers by hopeandmegan. Creative Commons License. 2) Baby by twelve paws. Creative Commons License. 3) Diapers out to dry by me. All rights reserved. (I know. I'm just difficult like that.)