Sunday, December 23, 2007

Tradition - part 3

At some point my family started reading the Christmas story from Luke 2 before opening presents on Christmas morning. The passage seems so long when there's presents waiting to be unwrapped. But, really, in the grand scheme of things, what do presents matter?

I guess that's exactly the point.

"But the angel said to them, 'Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord.'"

- Luke 2:10-11, NIV

4 comments:

  1. The way I saw it(at least when I was a kid) was that, when we started reading the passage, presents were going to be opened soon. What seemed to take foreeeeever was waiting for my parents to wake up after wrapping for half the night. I specifically remember one year not opening the presents until sometime in the early afternoon. Looking back though, it added to the excitment because once you open presents, what else is there to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daniel: You're right, there is something special about the anticipation, although kids don't realize it at the time. :)

    Everyone: Hope your day was a merry one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to start the Christmas day!

    I think what's under the paper is far less important than the gesture loved ones make to let us know we are loved.

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say about that?