Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Perfectly Poetical: Haiku

Well, hello there! Welcome to August's Perfectly Poetical Tuesday (PerPoTues)!

  • Current poetic style: Haiku - Yesterday's post explains how to play along.
  • Up next: Ode - We're gonna simplify this down. Write a rhyming tribute to someone or something.
  • Next PerPoTues: September 8.
  • Want an email reminder? Just let me know! (I forgot to send the reminder last time - sorry! But next month I have a reminder for the reminder on my calendar.)
Can't wait to see what you do with the haiku! :)


[My haiku, "Sun"]

Blazing summer sun
Saps your strength; shows no mercy
Shadows are no match.

****

Photo and poem by me.

6 comments:

  1. Very cool! And we both used the idea of blaze. it is definitely summer!

    Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful images, both written and pictured :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shadow was a nice touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephanie,

    I have been so busy with life and not able to keep up with composing Tuesday Poems....but thanks for keeping it going. Love it!!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for hosting a place for this. I also made a summer haiku.

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say about that?