- You get to be snarky.
- It's only four lines.
- Irregular/awkward meter and line length is encouraged.
The first two lines rhyme, and the last two lines rhyme (aabb).
Sound like fun? Get your snarkiness out in poetic form, and link up on Perfectly Poetical Tuesday (#PerPoTues) July 12.
More clerihew info and inspiration:
- The Word of the Day is clerihew.
- Clerihew on Wikipedia (examples)
- The Media Drome: Clerihew
- How to Write a Clerihew Poem
Poem/illustration by mr lynch. Here's another one from him, but it was over my head.