Monday, December 31, 2007

New starts

Don't you love a fresh start? I do. Maybe too much. Fresh start moments, like the beginning of a new year, make me want to get everything right this time. It's all I can do this time of year to keep my inner perfectionist from breaking loose and wreaking havoc.

In a Babycenter poll, 75% of the 7112 participants (at the time I looked it up) feel pressure to be the perfect mom. Those of us who aren't moms feel the pressure of perfection in other ways.

So what's a girl perfectionist person to do? Well, I can't promise I won't make any New Year's resolutions (especially since I've already started), so I won't ask you to give that up either. Maybe what we should do is throw in a few more. Let's try these...

  • I will not see failure as the end of the world.
  • I will give myself (my spouse/my kids/etc.) another chance.
  • I will not try to accomplish my goals completely on my own.
  • I will remember how much I am dependent on others - friends, family, God - and ask for help often.
Ok, I think that's quite enough for now. Think it'll work? Well, if it doesn't, it's not the end of the world...

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about that?