Friday, March 7, 2008

Looking for books

Unless this is your first time reading my blog, you're probably aware that I'm easily sidetracked. One thing I've been meaning to do in this pre-pre-baby phase of life is read up on parenting. And I've been meaning to ask you all for suggestions.


It's funny because I was debating whether to pose that question today or post about something else. Then I saw that SortaCrunchy just recommended a book called Mother Shock: Loving Every (Other) Minute of It and I took it as a sign.


So recommend me some good books! (But not too many.) What book(s) helped prepare you for the challenges of children? What has helped you grow as a person? As a parent? Or made you laugh? Let me know, and I'll head back to the library.

3 comments:

  1. The book that inspired me to want to be a mother was Hidden Art by Edith Schaeffer. Though it is not just about being a mother, it inspires women to make a home and to express the creativity of God in that place. It raised my eyes to see the high calling of being a mother and wife.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found Elisabeth Elliot's What is a Family? to be quite inspiring! I have more, but I'd have to look on my bookshelves - I don't remember more titles off the top of my head. Come on over and browse my bookshelves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the suggestions, ladies! I'm headed to the library tonight, so we'll see if I can find those there. If not, Lynne, I'm coming over! (I should anyway, just to see if everything you say is on your bookshelf really is! ;) )

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say about that?