Thursday, September 25, 2008

What we pack with us

To me there's something fascinating about packing. Even more than the process itself, I'm interested in the items an individual chooses to take and the thought behind it.

The Hubs likes to pack light. Not just on trips, in daily life too. When we lived in an apartment without a washer/dryer, he would take the exact number of quarters with him that he needed to do laundry. I would take the whole tube of quarters. I like to be prepared. (I was a girl scout.) What if I dropped one behind the machine? Or if it kept rejecting one? Or if one of our neighbors were there and realized she didn't have enough change with her? (That happened one time!)

I try to avoid the discomfort of not having something I need or want with me. He tries to avoid the discomfort of transporting a bunch of extra stuff. What are you taking with you?


*****

Photos by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about that?