Friday, November 9, 2007

Attaching the dots

When I started this blog, I thought I'd look at the diaper debate for a couple weeks, then move on to baby carriers, strollers, etc. Nothing has been as simple as it seemed. Why did that surprise me?




I was about ready to choose cloth diapers over disposable when I found out that "none of the above" is actually an option. Need to read up on that.


I thought carrying your baby around in a sling/pouch was just handy, little did I know that simple action came with its own terminology (noun: babywearing; verb: to babywear) and often a whole philosophy. Need to read up on that too.

When I read that both those things - along with breastfeeding, co-sleeping and probably some other activities that help you pass the granola mom test - can be all connected under the "attachment parenting" umbrella, I realized I had a lot to learn. And a lot of reading to do.



Photos: As I have no babies, and therefore, no baby stuff, I have to use photos of other people's baby stuff. In this case, Twelve Paws (photo 1) and Sean Dreilinger (photo 2). Yay for Creative Commons ! (Licenses: photo 1 and photo 2.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about that?