Sunday, July 6, 2008

Feeling needed

Ranger decided I should be up at 5:30 this morning.



The Hubs and I are at my parents' place housesitting. Actually, the house is fine on its own. It's more like we're dog-, cat- and chicken-sitting. And yard/plantsitting.



And since the aforementioned dog decided he urgently needed to chase a stray cat off the property, I was up before the ants were.



Slackers.



I took advantage of the cool weather to start the watering and get the chickens fed.

I think it's good for the Hubs and I to have living things other than ourselves and the potted plants at our condo to take care of. I have a feeling that needing to get up because someone is demanding our attention, needing to get home because someone is waiting for us, needing to drop what we are doing and check what someone is up to are all very good things for us to get used to.



Speaking of which, I'd probably better go make sure I'm not flooding the tomato plants.

*****

Photos by me.

1 comment:

  1. I think I know that you're talking about. I know my kitties don't NEED me, but they act very excited to see me when I get home, so it's always nice to get home after a long day and feel like someone has been waiting to see me for hours.

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say about that?