Monday, July 28, 2008

Weak

Seems like lately it's just been one thing after another with my health. Not huge things. Not life-threatening things. Things that are just big enough to slow me down, to make me cancel plans with friends, to come in the way of whatever I thought I was going to be able to accomplish. It could be much worse, I know.


Still. The allergies were doing much better, and then the unexplained headaches started. Those have been letting up the last couple days. And then I got this random sore throat/low fever/zap you of all your energy bug over the weekend.


I realize a sore throat is really not a big deal. But it's so hard not to think "Hey! I was just feeling better!" How am I supposed to build friendships if I'm constantly having to stay at home? How am I supposed to get anything done if I'm constantly wiped out by one thing or another?! I was struggling with my purpose in life and feeling very weak when I read this:

Now the body is not made up of one part but of many...The eye cannot say to the hand, "I don't need you!" And the head cannot say to the feet, "I don't need you!" On the contrary, those parts of the body that seem to be weaker are indispensable...
So I guess I'm indispensable. I guess there is room in the community of believers that make up Christ's body for weakness. And that is a job description I feel totally qualified for.

Plus, I did get a lot of reading done.

*****
Photos by me.

Quote from I Corinthians 12:14-22 (NIV). Emphasis mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about that?