Friday, August 15, 2008

Back.

Every once in awhile I mess up my back. It doesn't happen often - probably actually less frequently than thinking I might be pregnant - and it's never been a big deal. Just bad enough to keep me off the blog for a day or two (i.e. the last day or two). Nothing that a little Advil (or disconcertingly bright orange generic ibuprofen) and an ice pack won't cure.


Which reminds me. A co-worker told me about making your own ice pack by adding rubbing alcohol to water in a ziploc (or maybe one of those seal-a-meal things). Why alcohol? One time, someone shoving booze into the freezer at a party told me that alcohol doesn't freeze. That, however, is not true. Dad says you can freeze anything if you get it cold enough. The point is that water freezes way before alcohol, so what you end up with is an ice pack that is slushy and bendable, rather than one solid mass.


That is, if you get the amount right. I'll let you know when I get that figured out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about that?