Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Toughening up

When I first told my friend Mili I'd be starting a blog about baby stuff, she said she had a tip she wanted me to share - and I hadn't gotten around to it yet. But it relates to breastfeeding, so I think this week would be the perfect time.


Her recommendation for keeping your nipples from getting sore during breastfeeding: start while your pregnant laying out for a little bit each day (top off).

If your backyard affords you that kind of privacy, she said it toughens you up so that nursing won't end up being painful.


*****


Photo by erin watson photography. CCL.


3 comments:

  1. From Aunty, via email:
    Another way to toughen up nipples prior to nursing without comando suntanning is to rub them daily when you get out of your shower with a towel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeoooowch.
    if none of that works (or is possible) Lansinoh HPA® Brand Lanolin helps post-nursing. a little bit each day until the pain subsides is all ya need!

    and again, yeooowch.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to know! And, yeah, I'm trying not to think too much about the ouchie part!

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say about that?