Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving

What were you doing at 4:00 this morning? I was thinking of things I'm thankful for while trying to drift back to sleep. My neighbor was yelling at his dog.

"Sit. SIT. Lay DOWN!"

What an interesting Thanksgiving tradition - confusing your dog in the wee hours of the morning. I tried remembering why I was thankful for my neighbors, who I haven't met yet, and their barky dog. Then I moved on.


I started thinking about verses that have to do with thanking and being thankful. Here are some I came up with:

"Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever."
- Psalm 107:1

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ."
- Ephesians 1:3

"Know that the LORD is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture. Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations."
-
Psalm 100:3-5

"I thank my God every time I remember you."
- Philippians 1:3

Then I started thanking God for you (yes, you!) and the rain that started to fall and so many other things. And I kinda forgot about the dog.



****

Photos by me. Taken yesterday.

Verses from NIV.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about that?