Wednesday, November 26, 2008

How to be grateful

How to teach kids about gratitude? Obviously, there's no instant fix. But Suburb Sanity has a great suggestion - for school-age kids and adults. I don't want to spoil it for you, so I'll just say it's a simple way to be purposeful about giving thanks each day.

Oh! That reminds me! (The crud is fogging my brain.) Heather also had a neat idea that would work with younger kids as well. It incorporated gratitude AND a countdown! You adapt the idea using something other than a turkey since Thanksgiving has almost come and gone. Maybe a (Christmas) tree or a flower or....a peacock...you get the idea.

P.S. Sorry I didn't send you to Suburb Sanity in time for the giveaway. It wasn't on purpose.....what's that? Did you just say I can make it up to you by having a Bold Avenue giveaway? Funny you should mention that. I think there's at least one coming up before too long. So stay tuned.

*****

Photo by the Hubs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about that?