Monday, June 1, 2009

On the menu: back in the kitchen again

Like I said, I didn't do a menu plan post last week, because I didn't get it done early enough. But, it's just as well, because I didn't cook a full meal for most of the week.

The recap:


Monday, we had dinner at our friends' house, so all I did was pick up some bread and bake brownies. Tuesday we went out with my family. Wednesday we had caregroup, so Hubs suggested I heat up some leftover pasta for a quick and easy meal beforehand, which, of course, was fine with me! Thursday I was tired and popped a frozen pizza in the oven. Friday, I finally cooked and made a big batch of Rodeo stew (have we discussed Rodeo Stew yet?) (it's reeeally easy), so I'd have extra to freeze for the next too-tired-to-cook night. The Hubs cooked on Saturday. Last night I made fried rice and felt very on top of things, because I made extra rice and chopped started chopping the onions for tonight.


This week:


I'm getting back in the kitchen, but still stickin' with simple. And some of it I don't quite have figured out yet, but here's the basic idea...

  • Monday - spicy beans and rice from BHG New Cook Book (yes, I'm on a beans and rice kick, but this is a new recipe!) with corn
  • Tuesday - Hubs will be grilling chicken. Marinade and sides TBD.
  • Wednesday - putting a roast in the crockpot, green beans and mashed potatoes on the side.
  • Thursday - going to whip up something with the rest of Tuesday's grilled chicken (if we do an Asian marinade, I'll make stir fry)
  • Friday - pita pizzas with chunky vegetable tomato sauce and whatever toppings we feel like (and can find in the fridge)
And that's where we're at for this week's meal plan! What's on your menu this week? Join in the menu planning fun at the Chive Talkin' Menu Plan Blog Roll!

****

Photo by me.

3 comments:

  1. lol, beans and rice kick! Ha, that's me, too. Doesn't get easier than that, does it?

    It's nice to take a week of from cooking sometimes, but at the end of the week I always miss it. Sounds like you had a lot going on last week.

    Have a great week, Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Simple is great! Love summer because it means grilling and when we grill, I don't cook, DH does! So, it's a welcome change. I also love spicy, so I am anxious to hear how your new spicy beans and rice turn out. BTW, I am "resting" my personal blog and concentrating on chivetalkin. So, if I can come up with a food related epic poem I will post one... I am thinking about it but I can't say for sure. Just wanted to give you a heads up! :-D Thanks again for joining the Chive Talkin Menu Plan Blog Roll - I love having you! Cheers! Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so proud of you for menu planning!!

    I have tried to do that, but I can't get my husband to cooperate: by that I mean that he changes his schedule constantly, so I never really know what I'll have time to cook. Instead I keep reliable ingredients on hand so I'm always prepared for "whatever"...

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say about that?