Tuesday, October 14, 2008

How (not) to freeze things

So the thing about the frozen chicken. I wanted to try out what I learned about flash freezing from the Meal Planning workshop. I put some chicken on a baking sheet (same one you've seen before.) and put them in the freezer a couple hours. So far, so good.

The problem came when I went to pull them off. Little metal pieces from my well-loved baking sheet actually flaked off and stuck to the chicken! Gross!


My mom (who I called in a panic and then had to call again an hour later in a different panic) said to rinse them off really well in tepid water and call it good.

And to put something (wax paper, parchment paper, etc.) down on the baking sheet next time before I stick raw poultry on it and attempt to freeze it.


Probably good advice.

****

Photos by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about that?