Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Paper with potential


After the Hubs built our new bookshelf, we were left with huge cardboard boxes (which went into the recycling bin) and correspondingly large sheets of paper that had been used in packing (which I held onto). That paper had potential.

It could go underneath messy craft projects.

Or it could be part of a project. At some point in elementary school, we had a friend trace our outline on big pieces of butcher paper. Then we each colored in our own faces, etc. to make it like a life-sized self portrait. I wondered if our nieces and nephews had done that.


When I watched my friend Sarah's daughter Elizabeth recently, I realized each piece of paper was the perfect size to cover my coffee table. I set out the crayons and let her go to town without worrying about stray crayon marks on the table.

Turns out she was mostly interested in taking the crayons in and out of the box. But that works too.

1 comment:

What do you have to say about that?