Friday, October 3, 2008

Our Indiana trip

A week ago Tuesday my parents gave us a ride to the airport at 4:30 a.m. (I know! They're awesome!) for our trip to see my dad's family in Indiana. It was early, but the Hubs was able to sleep on the plane.

The weather was perfect, and we enjoyed spending time with my relatives. We sat on porches for meals with great aunts and great uncles,

we took walks (by the lake, to my dad's cousin's house, in the town where my grandma Betty grew up),


we heard family stories (inspired by photo albums, furniture, driving past my great grandparents' house),



and we even had time to relax (yep, those are my freshly pedicured toes on my Aunt Peg's back porch).

To my Indiana family: I'm so grateful for you and the way they opened your hearts and homes to us. Come out and visit anytime!
*****
Photos by the Hubs and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about that?