Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The persistence of memory (without the melting clocks)


Childhood memories are so powerful. Something about even the simple ones like seeing a toy you played with or revisiting someplace you went as a child just tugs at your heart.


Visiting Indiana last week brought back a flood of memories from childhood trips there with my family - sitting on the same porches, eating off the same china, driving through the same fields. Even if traveling with kids isn't easy, I am so grateful that my parents endured the are-we-there-yets and hauled my brother and I across state lines to visit the aunts, uncles, cousins and other relatives I wouldn't have otherwise known. It was the beginning of a bond strong enough to bring me back.



*****

P.S. Stay tuned for more photos and stories from our trip!


Photos: Porch photo by the Hubs. Other photos by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about that?