Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Yep, it's been 4 years already!


If you read all of yesterday's post, you may have noticed that I was out of town. But I couldn't wait until I got back to tell you the brownie/cake story, so I made it magically appear. Do you know where I went?

Does it help if I tell you we were celebrating our anniversary (a little early)? We kind of have a tradition.

Here's another hint...


Ok, if that doesn't give it away and my bookmarks in the sidebar from the last week didn't give it away, I'm just gonna have to tell you.

Four years ago, the Hubs and I honeymooned in Sedona. Since then, we've gone back to that area every year for our anniversary. Each trip brings back memories, creates new ones and gives us a milestone to see how far we've come.

This year we set up camp in Cottonwood at Dead Horse Ranch State Park.


Despite the unromantic sounding name, it's a great campground. You have hiking, picnic areas and a river right there. Plus, flush toilets. (If you're at a campground, you're obviously not going for a whole wilderness experience, so you might as well have indoor plumbing.) We took advantage of our surroundings to get some walking in and take some time to pray about the upcoming year.



We also visited the Red Rock State Park in Sedona and did some hiking there, as well as checking out the visitor center and listening to a talk.



Yesterday we went to Jerome, walked around the town, enjoyed the views and the quirkiness, did some shopping and had delicious food at the Red Rooster Cafe.




So my legs were getting a little sore by the end of the day yesterday, and we got just a little sunburned. But, other than that, it was a great little trip.

*****

Photos by the Hubs and I.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on 4 years and thanks for the visual "escape" to the north!

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say about that?