Friday, February 27, 2009

Brace yourselves...


The Hubs never had braces when he was younger. He decided it was catch up time. Actually, he got them put on about a month ago, but I didn't think he'd want me blogging about it right away.

If you look closely, you can see them in the photo from our Valentine's Day arboretum trip. But they're not very noticeable.

When he first got them on, chewing was really painful for him, so even softer foods like bean soup and corn chowder either got blended or food processed. He wasn't sure he'd ever be able to eat real food again! Once he was feeling well enough to tackle thin crust pizza, a bracket popped off mid-bite. Then there was a wire causing him pain, and, really, it was a couple weeks before it was all sorted out. Poor guy.

Since then, he's recovered. He can eat pretty much anything he's allowed to eat.



I don't remember how long it took me to recover from getting my braces on, because it was (ready for this?) 15. years. ago. And now I'm wondering what I ever did with my old Water Pik.

*****

Photos by me.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Flip! He looks so charming with his boy-smile. You can tell him I said as much.

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say about that?