Thursday, February 19, 2009

7 quick takes: Sweater buzzkills to trending punctuation


7 quick takes on this week and life in general:

(1)
As an Arizona girl, I get excited whenever there's enough of a chill in the air to pull out the sweaters. But, come laundry day, four words kill my cool-weather buzz: reshape and dry flat. :P

(2)
I'm really happy about the response to yesterday's diaper abbreviation post. It's always nice to know you're not the only one who needs/needed something explained to you! I'll be doing another post on diaper terms soon.

(3)
My friend Chanelle just launched her beautiful new photography site! Stop by and check it out!

(4)
"Warning! Eating books could seriously damage your health" is a fabulous and funny post from the Books Blog on the CPSIA's potential ban of pre-1985 books from a UK perspective.

(5)
If you're in the Phoenix area, you should know that, starting today, the Heard Museum is now free third Friday evenings every month! It's also easily accessible from the light rail. I'm hoping to check it out tonight.

(6)
Memo to a barista at an establishment which will remain nameless: I know I gave you a small tip the other day. So I'll give you a bigger one now: Don't get so busy flirting with my friend that you forget to make my mocha. Remember: lattes before hotties!

(7)
For those who are interested in punctuation trends, I used to be really into dashes - this kind, specifically. But, apparently, I've moved on to a new phase: colons.

More Quick Takes, at today's Conversion Diary.

2 comments:

  1. #6 — HA HA! Um, yeah... About that... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hee hee hee! You are such a hoot, girl! Loved this. I'm all the time changing my punctuation trends . . . always a big fan of the ellipses though. You know this.

    Lattes before hotties is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say about that?