Been awhile since we've talked about diapers around here. (Thought we all needed a break.)
Then I heard that Momfessions was doing a Diaper Chatter carnival today, and I thought you know what? It's probably about time to revisit the topic.
So. Cloth diapers.
One big reason people don't use them is because they are unfamiliar. And if go to research them, you quickly run into all these abbreviations and jargon that make it hard to learn anything.
So let's start here...
10 diaper-related acronyms to know:
- AIO - All-in-one (type of cloth diaper)
- BG - bumGenius (diaper brand)
- CD - Cloth diaper(s), cloth diapering
- CPF - Chinese prefolds (type of cloth diaper)
- DSQ - Diaper service quality
- EC - Elimination communication (diapering alternative)
- FB - Fuzzi Bunz (diaper brand)
- HH - Happy Heinys (diaper brand)
- PF - Prefolds (type of cloth diaper)
- PUL - Polyurethane laminate
And, if you haven't hung out much on forums/blogs/other places where people resort to weird, abbreviated internet-speak, you might find these helpful as well...
10 bonus acronyms (not specific to diapers but come up a lot when you're reading about diapers):
- AP - Attachment parent, attachment parenting
- DD - Dear daughter (i.e. "My DD is 3 months old...")
- DH - Dear husband
- DS - Dear son
- DIL - Daughter-in-law
- MIL - Mother-in-law
- NB - Newborn
- SIL - Sister-in-law, son-in-law (context is everything!)
- SAHM - Stay-at-home mom
- WAHM - Work-at-home mom
Photos by Chris and Jenni.