Monday, February 8, 2010

Shaken


Hey. So you haven't heard from me (at least, not here) since the last PerPoTues. That massive earthquake shook Haiti (it shook us too, in a different way, didn't it?), and I thought my next post should definitely be about that. Here and there, in between being crazy busy with work, I started collecting links to information and ways to give. Then I started to think there were enough posts out there like that. So I started working on one with a more personal experience. But the analogy didn't really work. As you may have noticed, I didn't post that one either.

I should have just gone with my first instinct and just told it like it was.

Let me do that now: I have no words for this tragedy. I feel the sadness deeply in my heart and am praying and giving and at a loss as to what else to do.

And, really, what else can I say about that?

I haven't been able to find the words since it happened.

And now it's been close to a month. So I think it's time to move on, even if it is to things that are not so significant.

Tomorrow is another Perfectly Poetical Tuesday. The theme is Shakespeare. You can interpret that theme loosely or get your iambic pentameter on - as you like it.

****

Photo by United Nations Development Programme.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about that?