Monday, July 27, 2009

Hi, remember me?

No, I didn't die. I'm still here. I just (accidentally) took a week off blogging. Didn't mean to worry anyone.

Here's what happened. I had a post mostly written up, but when I thought about posting it, I thought "I should add those photos off my phone first." Then I would think "where'd I put the connector thing for that?" Then I would think "well, I'll look for that in a little bit. First I need to call this client/finish up that design/respond to this email/etc. And then another day would pass.

The thing about blogging is it's a rhythm: read, write, reply, repeat. You get in the habit of working it during certain times of the day. Once you break the cycle (to go on vacation or because work is taking more time), it takes a little time to get your rhythm back. (Especially if you didn't have a lot to begin with. I'm pretty sure that the stereotype about white people not having any rhythm was started by someone sitting behind me in church watching me try to clap with the music. But I digress.)

I think we have a good thing going here with this Little Stuff of Life community (which, yes, you are a part of if you're reading this). I want to keep this going, but I can't keep up with my previous post-a-day pace.

Quickly, here are my thoughts on how this will probably look in the coming weeks:

  • 2-3 posts a week
  • Not always photos (I know! I love them too! But they're a huge time drain - even know that I know how to get them off the phone)
  • When things are crazy, at least a quick post on what I'm up to
That's all I can say now - I've gotta get going. But feel free to let me know what you think!

7 comments:

  1. I have been just as bad about posting! I want to blog but I cant seem to find all the time for it! Enjoy summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew! You're finally back! I knew you were busy, but I had been spoiled by your daily posts and began to expect them =P I will take what I can get!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah. Totally get it. It's summer! You're busy! We'll be around when you get back to your rhythm. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Stephanie!

    I just found your site (not exactly sure how I got here ! :D) and am really interested in what you're doing. My Hubs and I are also pre-pre-baby and my friends think I'm crazy for researching these sort of things when we don't even have kids...though I'm not as diligent as you! Glad to see that someone else is in my boat! :) Looking forward to seeing what you have in store! Blessings! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liz: I'll do my best to give you something to read at least a couple times during the week!

    Kelli: Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by! Here's the thing about having (and raising) kids: There's a lot to learn! I'd venture a guess that it's more than 9 months' worth of stuff. So, if you can, why not get a jump on it?! I know that lots of people figure it out as they go and do just fine. But I'm a slow learner - I think I need a little extra time! And this process of blogging/researching has changed my mind on a few things and opened up possibilities I wouldn't have even considered. Hope to hear from you again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I completely understand what you mean when you say that your research has changed your mind on a few things. I feel the same way! :) Cloth diapering (and even more, EC), BFing and AP are practically unheard of where I live! If I hadn't done some research for myself (and gleaned helpful info from you and others like you), I would have likely gone with what everyone else I know has done without question when my time came: disposable diapers, formula feeding and the "crying it out" baby raising strategy...all because I wouldn't have known what was out there. I know people who have followed those practices and have wonderfully healthy and well adjusted children. To each his own, I say. It's just nice to know that there are other options out there that will result in just as healthy (or healthier!) and just as well adjusted kids, too. I would have never found those things out unless I did the research NOW...not later when I'm swamped with hormones, super-duper life changes and sleep deprivation! :P

    Thanks again and keep up the good work! Blessings!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kelli: I totally agree. Allllmost to the point that I'm ready to tell you to quit reading my mind! ;)

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say about that?