Monday, July 6, 2009

On the Menu: Up in the air

Business is booming on Bold Avenue - lots of custom design and writing projects have been coming in. Which, of course, is fabulous! But busyness comes with its own challenges.

As I was looking at this week and feeling overwhelmed, one thing lead to another, and I ended up asking the Hubs, "how would you like to deal with the food next week?" And he was up for it! (He likes to cook.) I am so grateful! He already made a plan for Monday through Thursday and went shopping.

His plan (written on the back of one of my new menu plan pages):



Which means:

  • potatoes and eggs (omelette) with carrot soup
  • tuna casserole (which I didn't make again last week)
  • chakchouka
  • chicken and rice
Ok. So I wrote the above last night. But there was something neither one of us took into consideration.

Friday, my hubby's Uncle Karl passed away. (That's the uncle we stayed with when we went to Pennsylvania.) At first, the Hubs wasn't going to fly out for the funeral. Now he might. So a lot of things are up in the air.

So what's on your menu this week?

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. I lived in Israel for a year and ate chakchouka all the time there for breakfast. You just set off an immediate craving! And hey, thanks for the good wishes earlier ; )
    Must buy eggplant tonight...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! So glad business is booming and hubby likes to cook! Awesome! Chakchouka sounds very interesting. Never heard of it, but all the flavors sound wonderful. Thanks for joining in the Chive Talkin Menu Plan Blog Roll. I love having you! Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say about that?