Monday, June 15, 2009

On the menu: Outta here

Hopefully, I don't get kicked out of the Chive Talkin' Menu Plan Blog Roll for this one. It's barely even half a menu plan 'cuz we're getting ready to go out of town. But here's what I got.

Actually, first I have something exciting to tell you. (I've kinda been using that word - "exciting" - too much lately. Sorry. Easily amused, I guess.)

Anyway. My mom found the coolest little menu planner pad with a magnet on the back AND a matching grocery list pad! How cute are these?!?


So, my menu-plannin' pals, we have upgraded to writing on the front of the (very cute) page - instead of on the back.



This week:

  • Monday - this tuna casserole
  • Tuesday - Sloppy Joes on whole wheat buns with corn
  • Wednesday - dinner at Christine and E's
  • Thursday - stir fry with pork and leftover veggies over rice
  • Friday - dinner out. (Waaaay out!)
Would you believe that I never got around to making the tuna casserole that I had on my menu plan for a couple weeks? I either didn't have the (baking) time or the ingredients. Now, however, I have everything in my fridge. I'm typing this post on Sunday and planning to put it together later on, so I can just throw it in the oven Monday evening.

This week's plan is mostly about stuff with little-to-no prep time and using up what's in the fridge. For more inspiring menu plans than this one, visit the Chive Talkin' Menu Plan Blog Roll.

2 comments:

  1. We have similar menus again. I am having stirfry over rice & sloppy joe's (if it rains).

    Where are ya going?

    Have fun & be safe!

    <3 jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so funny! You will NEVER be kicked out of the menu plan blog roll at http://blog.chivetalkin.com Unless, of course, you start serving Mickie D's 24/7 and I don't see that happening. LOL. Love the cute printed menu planner pad... Although, honestly, I will miss your handwritten notes on tiny pieces of paper. I told Jen I love stir fry... I just need to remember it as an option. So, thanks for inspiring me too. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say about that?