- National Park Fee-Free Weekends - During three weekends this summer (6/20-21, 7/18-19, 8/15-16), you will be able to get into many U.S. National Parks free! Visit the NPS website for a list of participating parks.
- Movies for Kids - Harkins Theaters showing a different children's movie each week. Admission is $2 per person. (Adults and children, but they won't let you in without a kiddo.) If you're going to at least four movies, you can buy "season tickets" for only $7. Is there a Harkins near you?
- Culture Pass - This is a great thing where you can check out a pass from your library for free admission to museums and other sources of local culture. I know that Phoenix isn't the only place that has it, but I couldn't find a central Culture Pass website. So check with your local library. If they don't offer it, whine until they do.
Local to the Phoenix, AZ area:
Sunsplash - I had heard something about a deal for water park admission on Friday nights. Here's the scoop:
- Regular admission = $26.00 ($19.50 if you're under 48" tall)
- Evening Admission (after 4pm) = $19.00 (cannot be combined with any coupons)
- Night Splash Friday and Saturday (7pm to 11pm) = $15.00
Museums - Besides Culture Pass freebies, here are three more Valley museums with free admission times:
- Heard Museum - 3rd Friday of the month, 5:30-9pm
- Phoenix Art Museum - every Wednesday, 3-9pm and the 1st Friday of the month, 6-10pm (voluntary donations accepted)
- Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art - every Thursday