Like I said, I didn't do a menu plan post last week, because I didn't get it done early enough. But, it's just as well, because I didn't cook a full meal for most of the week.
Monday, we had dinner at our friends' house, so all I did was pick up some bread and bake brownies. Tuesday we went out with my family. Wednesday we had caregroup, so Hubs suggested I heat up some leftover pasta for a quick and easy meal beforehand, which, of course, was fine with me! Thursday I was tired and popped a frozen pizza in the oven. Friday, I finally cooked and made a big batch of Rodeo stew (have we discussed Rodeo Stew yet?) (it's reeeally easy), so I'd have extra to freeze for the next too-tired-to-cook night. The Hubs cooked on Saturday. Last night I made fried rice and felt very on top of things, because I made extra rice and
chopped started chopping the onions for tonight.
I'm getting back in the kitchen, but still stickin' with simple. And some of it I don't quite have figured out yet, but here's the basic idea...
- Monday - spicy beans and rice from BHG New Cook Book (yes, I'm on a beans and rice kick, but this is a new recipe!) with corn
- Tuesday - Hubs will be grilling chicken. Marinade and sides TBD.
- Wednesday - putting a roast in the crockpot, green beans and mashed potatoes on the side.
- Thursday - going to whip up something with the rest of Tuesday's grilled chicken (if we do an Asian marinade, I'll make stir fry)
- Friday - pita pizzas with chunky vegetable tomato sauce and whatever toppings we feel like (and can find in the fridge)
Photo by me.