Monday, March 22, 2010

On the menu: using up and working around

Since it's been kind of a topsy-turvy month, my meal planning has been pretty sporadic.

However, after lunch today, I sat down and hashed out a plan for the next two weeks, and then the Hubs and I went grocery shopping. Feels so good!

Because I've been so hit or miss with the meal planning lately, I've got an assortment of ingredients that need to be used up sooner than later: eggs, potatoes, a jalapeƱo (which we bought for stuffed bell peppers last weekish...then we ended up using the bell peppers for other things), leftover pork chops and cabbage (part of which went along with our traditional St. Patrick's Day dinner).

So this week's menu is all about using that stuff up, while working around a somewhat-full (although not insane) week schedulewise. On nights when I've got somewhere to be (or after a day I know will be busy), I try to plan something easy. And I don't plan crockpot meals for days I have to be somewhere first thing in the morning. (Why give yourself one more thing to do before rushing out the door?)

With that in mind, here's what I came up with...

Mon: TJ's pasta with eggplant with diced up pork chops
Tue: breakfast for dinner (eggs and bacon) with cinnamon oranges
Wed: red bell peppers stuffed with black beans, rice and veggies
Thr: potato soup
Fri: andouille sausage cooked with apples and cabbage

And there you have it. What's on your plate this week? Dish it at Mindful Menus!

P.S. For those of you who enjoy the scans of my sloppily hand-scrawled menu plans, the Hubs is on the computer hooked up to the scanner (working away on our taxes, actually!), so I'll have to save that for next time.

P.P.S. Poets: The belated edition of Perfectly Poetical Tuesday will be up tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say about that?