Friday, July 4, 2008

Independence


The Hubs and I were talking about 4th of July memories from when we were little.

He remembers being about 5 or 6 and being really scared of the fireworks. That's understandable - since that might have been the first time he'd ever seen them. His dad was in the Air Force and the Hubs spent much of his first 5 years in Germany.


I remember going with my family to the community college. My parents would spread a blanket on the grass in the football field or over the ample trunk of the old gray Chrysler - I was pretty excited about sitting on the car. And we would wait.

It seemed like we had to wait forever. And it was hot. And I always begged for one of those glowy necklace things. (I was probably a lot of fun on the 4th of July. :P Sorry, Mom and Dad.)

Once the fireworks started, I didn't notice the heat so much.


I still love fireworks. Which explains this. But now that I have money to buy my own glow-in-the-dark stuff, I'm not so interested. Such is life, eh?

1 comment:

  1. hey steph - i just read the email about your monster headache. So sorry! hope you guys had a good 4th anyway. Dale, Jed & I are in Chicagoland for a friend's wedding. We flew in yesterday, went to the pre-wedding party last night, so today we are trying to recover. (Dale's in a hammock in the backyard as I write.) It's really beautiful. I'll have to email you pics when we get home. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say about that?