Monday, July 21, 2008

Marking the occasion

So catching up from the weekend here. Not going to have time to tell you today about the big changes I made Saturday, but hopefully I will tomorrow. Stay tuned!

*****

Sometimes you just don't get around to doing things you'd like to.

The Hubs turned 30 on Friday. It turned out to be a great opportunity to do some things I know he has been wanting to do, but we haven't gotten around to recently.


We went to the zoo - first thing in the morning so it wasn't hot was less hot.

We had lunch at Taco Bell. I know. But the Hubs has been wanting Taco Bell, and I keep talking him out of it. They even decorated for him! (I'm sure the balloons were for his birthday, not customer appreciation day. Right?)

We went back to the Lego Store. And there wasn't a line to get in this time. It turned out to be pretty cool. At the back they have this huge wall with (kind of random) individual pieces. You can fill up a container with whichever ones you want for a set price. Kind of reminded me of buying potato salad at the deli. Very expensive potato salad.


Dinner was at the Rincon Peruano. And it was super delicious. The Hubs loves Peruvian food, and I can't believe how long it's been since last time we were there. We're definitely not going to wait so long before we go back.


Finally, I made this cherry cobbler dessert (well, I added apples too) in the crockpot. (The Hubs is not a huge cake fun.) So when we came home from dinner, I served it up, lit a candle and sang happy birthday.

I think he had a good day.

Here's to year 30!

*****
The Hubs took the first photo (of us), the rest are by me.

4 comments:

  1. happy birthday p!!!
    looks like a very fun day.
    and don't ever talk anyone out of taco bell. there is a special place in my heart for that nasty stuff.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. P. says thanks!

    Taco Bell used to be my fast food of choice, but lately it just doesn't sound good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matt and I love Peruvian food. I've passed by that restaurant several times and have been tempted to stop in...and now that I know it's good, I'll have to!

    Maybe we could get together for a double date sometime and enjoy it together!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is so great! I know so few people (other than South Americans) that even know what Peruvian food is like! So, yeah, let's make a date!

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say about that?