Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Poison plants?

I wouldn't recommend munching on poinsettia leaves. However, I learned on Science Friday that they're not as poisonous as they were once thought to be. Neither is the American variety of mistletoe. If you're child decides to nibble either one, the side effects probably won't be worse than an upset stomach.

When in doubt, call 1-800-222-1222 to be connected to your local Poison Control Center.

The biggest poisoning danger during the holidays? Alcohol. Make sure it's out of reach, and keep a careful watch on kids when you're in someone else's house. (You never know what's in those bottom cupboards!)

Have a fun and safe New Year's Eve!


Photo by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about that?