Monday, December 22, 2008

Someone needed to say it


The fact that this is such a special time of year can make this an especially difficult time of year. I don't think I need to list a bunch of possible reasons. If you have something weighing heavy on your heart, you know.

And you're not the only one who's having a hard time.

I just wanted to acknowledge that. Sometimes it's hard to admit we're hurting. Especially this time of year, there's a lot of pressure to keep everything light and happy, to walk around with smiles plastered on our faces. But it's part of being human. And it's one of the many aspects of life that doesn't conform to our calendar.

****
Photo by the Hubs, taken of my Grandma last year.

1 comment:

  1. Profound, meaningful, and so true. Christmas of 2006 was my year to grieve. I hated every minute of Christmas (well, almost) and I just wanted it to all be over. It's so hard to heal during the holidays.

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say about that?