Thursday, March 25, 2010

Are baby slings dangerous?


I'm a fan of babywearing. I love how it gives parents a simple, practical way to hold a baby close, while they get things done around the house, shop, take care care of an older child or even head out of town.

So when I heard that there was a big baby sling recall going on, and that the CPSC was advising caution for using slings with infants under four months, I was concerned. I wanted to know what was going on, research what the issue was and find out how far-reaching the problem was. However, Megan at SortaCrunchy saved me the trouble.

She wrote a fabulous post about safe vs. unsafe babywearing. As it turns out, it all depends on what baby carrier you're using and how you're using it.

If you are interested in more information, I would highly recommend checking out her post and the resources she links to.

****

Photo by zimpenfish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about that?