Monday, July 9, 2007

Should've known

Today was allergy shot #3, which reminded me about last week's visit. The waiting room was super-packed, I guess because of the 4th of July holiday. I sat down next to a lady with three kids - I'm gonna guess their ages were around 10, 4 and 1. Since there were so many people there, the wait was *much* longer than it had been the first time I went. And much too long for the two little girls to sit still. After the youngest one tried to carry off a stranger's purse, the mom was on her phone calling for backup. I tried not to listen in, but there was no ignoring the desperate tone in her voice: "Honey, how soon are you getting off work?"

I was thinking, "Wow. I am so glad I'm starting this now, so I don't have to be here every week with three kids in tow." And I was thinking I should type up a post exhorting pre-pre-baby allergy-sufferers to find out if they need shots now, instead of waiting until after they have kids, since it would make life so much easier. But then they called the mom back, and she took the four-year-old with her. I never even thought about kids needing allergy shots.

And I forgot about life never being easy.


Photo: No, I didn't take a pic of the waiting room, but this is pretty much how it looks when it's not packed to the gills. Only no coat rack - we're in Arizona.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about that?