Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Worth carting around?

One time I was shopping with a friend, and we turned around to discover her daughter sucking on the metal part of the shopping cart. My friend told her to stop, but the second we looked away, she had her mouth on the cart again. (Yes, the daughter was old enough to know better.) Why are kids so attracted to gross stuff like shopping cart handles and food off the floor and...bugs? I don't know.

All I know is that when I first saw that they (Avon) make a blanket-type thing specially fitted for the front of a cart, I thought it was silly. But the more I thought about it, the more sense it made. Not just because of the germ factor, either. It just looks more comfortable. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'd bet a comfy kid is a kid who is more likely to let you finish your shopping. I suppose a regular blanket could do almost the same thing, but with a lot more arranging involved. So it just might be worth it.

What do you think?


Photo from the current Avon catalog.

Edited to add:
In case anyone's looking for Avon, did you know you can order online now? Yep, pretty handy. Here's a link.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about that?