Friday, June 6, 2008

Boys & Trucks


Ever wonder what the deal is with little boys and trucks - garbage trucks, fire trucks, construction vehicles, tractors? (I know, they don't necessarily outgrow it either.)

I was reading Wondertime while I was waiting to get my allergy shot this morning. This article just might be onto something about what it is that makes wheeled vehicles so universally appealing to boys from toddlerhood on. (If you're short on time, skip to the end.)


P.S. They also have truck printables.

*****
Photos: 1) by makelessnoise. Creative Commons License. 2) by me.

2 comments:

  1. totally true. and the part about the dump truck at the end of that article reminded me of something:
    my son always runs to see the dump truck in action when it comes down our street....and my daughter? well, she runs to wave to the man operating it.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say about that?