Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Children's books to check out

I'm a big fan of good children's literature. In my travels across the blogosphere, I've come across a few recommendations for kids' books that I haven't seen before but would like to peruse on my next trip to the library...

I already mentioned Gum, Geckos and God by James S. Spiegel, which Ann from Holy Experience calls "a fresh journey into the heart of God, family, and the fundamentals of our faith."

Also, Bethany at Playful Childhood relishes the "sing-song text and delightful pictures" of Barnyard Dance by Sandra Boynton.

Sorta Crunchy Megan says Templeton Turtle Goes Exploring by Ron Pridmore and illustrated by Michele-lee Phelan, is "charming, uncomplicated, and universal in the truth it affirms."

All three have something to do with animals. So I guess we'll call it a theme!

*****

Photo by basheem. CCL.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about that?