I feel like this is kind of a self-serving post. And, yet, I continue. But, really, it's not all about me. Just partly.
From February 1st to Valentine's Day, Happy to be at Home is encouraging everyone (yep, including you) to Spread Some Bloggy Love! They've created a fabulous list of 14 things - one for each day - to give a little something back to the blogs you enjoy.
Since some of you (yes, more than one!) are new to the whole blog world, before I get to the Actual List, I'm gonna break it down (yo). Try out at least a couple of these things over the next couple weeks.
To sum up:
- If you like it, share it! Email a friend, link to it, social bookmark it, tweet it, etc.
- If you've been quiet, speak up! Leave a comment (here's how) and/or email the blog's author.
- If you haven't, click it! Visit the blog's sponsors/ads or author's shop. Here that would be Bold Avenue.
- If you're in a rut, explore! Most blogs link to other blogs. My list of "A Few Great Blogs" is on the right, past the "Little Stuff Being Said."
- If you keep coming back, subscribe! You can sign up to receive my blog via email or RSS. Pretty much any blog will have a subscribe link somewhere.
Ok, for the bloggers and pro blog readers out there, can ya handle it?!! Here is the Actual List:
- Comment, comment, comment! Stop by your favorite blogs and leave a comment on one or two posts.
- Subscribe. If you don’t already, subscribe via RSS, e-mail, or follow the blog on blogger.
- Social bookmarking. Choose a great post or two on your favorite blogs and bookmark them using StumbleUpon, Kirtsy, Digg, Del.icio.us, or any of the other social bookmarking sites out there.
- Tweet. If you have a Twitter account, send out a few tweets with links to your favorite bloggers.
- Click through an ad or visit a site sponsor.
- Send a thank you email. Let your favorite bloggers know just how much you appreciate the dedication and hard work they put into their blogs.
- Mark your favorite blogs as a favorite in Technorati.
- Read through the archives. Then comment on a post or two that’s new to you.
- Write a post on your blog and share links to some of your favorite bloggers.
- Visit some of the blogs in your favorite blogger’s blogroll and let them know how you found their link.
- Nominate your favorites for blog awards or a BlogHer of the Week post.
- Find some new favorites. Spend some time exploring new blogs found through memes or carnivals.
- Grab a button. If your favorite bloggers have a button for their site, grab it and put it in your sidebar.
- When or if your favorite blogger hosts a Mr. Linky, do your best to participate.
Thanks to @summerm for tweeting a link to Profitable Mommy Blogging's post, which is how I heard about Spread Some Bloggy Love!
Button from Happy to Be at Home.