Monday, April 21, 2008

Covering up

I'm still not sure what's so controversial about breastfeeding in public. You are still welcome to comment on that.

What I do know is that, if you want to be discreet about it, you have options.

  1. Nursing covers are exactly what they sound like. I came across one brand called Hooter Hiders, which made me laugh. Anyway, they go over your head like an apron, so you can see your baby and still maintain your privacy. Come to think of it, I wonder if you could just use an oversized apron--? Think it would work? Either way, nursing covers apparently can also help your baby sleep....
  2. Most babywearing slings and pouches will allow you to nurse discreetly. So if you already have one of those, you may not need a separate cover, although I would think your baby could get too big for that to work eventually. Depends on how fast your little one grows and how long you plan on nursing, I guess.
  3. Finally, you can just use a plain ol' blanket - that I'm sure you have - draped over your shoulder. If it's hot out, you're probably gonna want a lighter weight one. (The photo in my last post makes me hot just looking at it - heavy blanket on a warm day! :P )

* * * *
Photos: 1) By spaceninja. Creative Commons License. 2) By amcdawes. Creative Commons License. 3) By kellyandapril. Creative Commons License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about that?