Thursday, May 22, 2008

Loss

This is the third time I've started a new post to write about the same thing. My heart is heavy and I go back and forth between feeling like I must talk about this and like I'd rather not. So I'd better get it out, huh?

Yesterday morning the Hubs and I got an email telling us that Alfonso, a good friend in Peru, had passed away.


(That's Alfonso on the far left. The woman drinking out of a coconut is his wife, Isabel.)

Even though he had cancer, we didn't expect that...yet. We were hoping to make a trip to see him and his wonderful family this fall. We might still go. But now I feel so very far away. I wish we could be there now with the family. And maybe that's why I want to share this with you. To feel connected. Even though that doesn't make any sense.

Suddenly, I feel very tired. Is it okay if I tell you the coconut story later? There is a time for everything, and I think now it's finally time for sleep.


1 comment:

What do you have to say about that?