Monday, May 26, 2008

Remembering

So we're back from California. But more on that later (uploading photos right now).


It's Memorial Day. Yes, we're going to a movie and going shopping, and I'm holding a sale in my shop. Oh and grilling chicken with my parents this evening. I'm also feeling a bit pensive.

I'm thinking about my grandpa, who told me one time this is a hard time of year for him. He served in Korea World War II (why do I have this distinct memory of someone telling me he fought in Korea? Did I dream it?), and at the end of May Memorial Day reminds him of the friends that didn't make it back. Then June starts and brings with it the anniversary of my Grandma Betty's death. This year, I'm not sure if he's aware of the date or not, but we're still planning on visiting today.

I'm also thinking about those I've lost this past year, most of whom I haven't mentioned on this blog yet. Sometimes it feels better not talking about it, you know?

If you'd like to share who (or what) is on your mind today, feel free. If you'd rather not talk about it, I understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about that?