Friday, May 2, 2008

No! Not the Nalgene!

It was one thing when I was hearing about BPA in pacifiers, bottles, etc. being potentially harmful to babies. I figured I had time to learn about BPA. I could eat some gelato and sort it out later. Then I read something else.

This time it's personal.

When I read that polycarbonate Nalgene bottles also contain the (possibly) hazardous chemical, my trusty Nalgene bottle was sitting next to me. I glanced at her (um, she is pink, after all) with suspicion and refused the drink she offered me.


But even though doubt has wedged its way into our relationship, I love my Nalgene bottles.

I even love my wannabe Nalgene bottle. The one which fits so much better into the cupholder in my car and, now that I think of it, is probably way more likely to contain something that will kill me since it only cost $1. Hmmm.


What does Nalgene have to say for itself?

In response to consumer demand, Nalgene® will phase out production of its Outdoor line of polycarbonate containers that include the chemical Bisphenol-A (BPA) over the next several months...

But they're still saying the products are safe, that nothing's actually wrong with them.

So I do need to stop eating gelato and sort this all out. (Actually, the aforementioned gelato was the first time I've had it.) (But it won't be the last.) And I will. After I finish my coffee.

2 comments:

  1. I know, right?! It's all very upsetting and confusing. Grrrr.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eat more Gelato. It helps with sorting things out!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say about that?