Thursday, May 7, 2009

Meet the Hubs...

So you've heard about the Hubs. Isn't it about time he spoke for himself? I asked him to introduce himself, and here he is...


Hello. You can call me Felipe (aka the Hubs). I'm ditching work today so while I'm here Steph thought I should introduce her second half to the public: I like hiking, gardening, traveling, and reading (if you've followed this blog for a while you've seen the pictures). It's a good thing she does too. Maybe that's why we get along so well.

Considering this is my first ever blog post I will not post anything bombastic (for now). While I have the world as my audience perhaps I can share a few of my thoughts:

  • With the exception of the summer heat, I am beginning to think the deserts of Arizona are some of the most beautiful places in the world (and I've done a fair bit of traveling).
  • Steph got me The South American Table for my birthday last year. If you're not familiar with the cuisine of South America I recommend you find the nearest Peruvian restaurant and give it a go. Then go back again. It took me a while to appreciate food from this continent. There's so much to like: just imagine the best of Spanish, French, Italian, Creole, and Native American foods thrown together and you're just getting started. There's a lot that's similar to our food but then they'll throw in a common ingredient in an uncommon fashion and come up with something new and delicious (ex. a beef stew made from squash, peaches, and pears!!)
Thanks for letting me introduce myself, I look forward to doing some more blog posts in the future!

P.S. from Steph: Isn't he great?! Also...by "ditching work" he means it's his scheduled day off. :)

1 comment:

  1. aw! I love you phillipdelphia! and I love you too stephelopolous.

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say about that?