Monday, May 18, 2009

On the menu: food phases?

Do you go through food phases? Sometimes I'm really excited about trying out new recipes. Other times, I'm on a quest to figure out the healthiest or most budget-friendly or quickest set of meals I can make in a given week. Then, there are times where I just don't want to think about it.


Like now. I haven't been really in the mood to fuss with food lately. Still planning, still cooking, just want to keep it simple and be done with it really.

So here's the plan this week. There are some gaps, because I haven't had a chance to check out the ads and see what veggies, etc. are on sale yet. But, in my experience, having even a skeleton of a menu plan is waaaaayy better than having to do the whole "yikes! What am I making for dinner?" thing every night.



Translation:

  • Monday - corned beef, potatoes, cabbage
  • Tuesday - We'll be eating burgers and potato salad at a family get-together. I'm bringing some type of salad or side dish, but I haven't decided what yet.
  • Wednesday - angel hair pasta with chicken, kalamata olives, tomatoes, basil and lemon juice (borrowing some of the elements from this recipe)
  • Thursday - super easy rice and beans à la Jen at Conversion Diary
  • Friday - chicken sandwiches with black beans and cumin on whole wheat buns (this may have been on last week's menu, too, but we didn't get around to eating it) from the Flavors of the Southwest Cookbook
Happy menu planning! There's more at the Chive Talkin' Menu Plan Blog Roll.

****

Photo by me. (From a couple weeks ago when I was in a totally different food phase.)

5 comments:

  1. Menu looks great. I especially like the looks of Friday's menu - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Of course, we all go through stages of not wanting to cook...then we go out to eat. LOL. But having a plan to fall back on is always a great idea. This week sounds great - especially Wednesday! Thanks again for joining in the Chivetalkin Menu Plan Blog Roll - I LOVE having you! Cheers ~ Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I can totally relate to phases! I bailed out on meal planning (and cooking!) a couple of weeks ago. Cereal, anyone? : )

    Love the looks of your angel hair pasta with olives. And I'm posting my salmon pasta "recipe" (so easy it's embarrassing) on my blog today; thanks for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi again ~ I saw "Stephanie" in my comments and assumed it was you requesting my pasta salad recipe :)

    It wasn't. Sorry for any confusion. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I TOTALLY go through food phases. I'm in a "just whatever is FAST and easy to clean up, please" phase at the moment. :)

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say about that?