Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Mind mush



Sitting in the living room putting his shoes on, the Hubs heard something like this emanate from the kitchen:

(coffeemaker gurgling in the background)

Me:
Oh. Oops. Wait! Oh no! Stop that!

(me fumbling around trying to turn off the coffeemaker) (which isn't that hard - unless you haven't had coffee yet)

Hubs: Is it not working?

Me: No. I'm not working. I forgot to put in the coffee.


Yes, friends, I had started the coffeemaker with nothing in it but water.


Then I sat down at the computer and realized that, in a similar stroke of genius, I left off the attribution to yesterday's photo.

I don't know if you know what a stickler I (normally) am for that kind of thing. As someone who has dabbled in both verbal and visual arts for years and has been writing "books" since before I could write, I take using other people's work properly very seriously. I'm very careful about what photos I use, how I credit my sources, and I've read all up on Creative Commons Licenses. When I thought (incorrectly) Chanelle's photos were not licensed for sharing, I specifically emailed to see if I could use that photo and said of course I would link it properly, etc. That's kind of overkill. But then I completely spaced it. Ahem.


All that to say, I've had a crazy couple o' weeks, and I think my brain is turning to mush. Which is why the post I was going to write for you today (about finding good deals) is going to wait.

I think it's better for everyone if I do not try to educate/inform anyone on anything today. As for you: feel free to check out Chanelle's awesome photos and leave her lots of glowing comments.

Sorry, Chanelle, for dropping the ball on that one! It's all fixed now.

*****

These photos were by me. So...yeah.

And since we're attributing everything today, graphic by Creative Commons.

1 comment:

  1. Wanna know what is even more awesome than that? Programming the coffee maker the night before and forgetting the coffee! And then hubby, for whom you set up the coffee, has to pour it out and start it all over. THAT, my friend, is a spectacular feeling.

    I totally get the mind mush. Totally.

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say about that?