So it's time for this week's Quick Takes. I have some photos for you, but I'm unable to post them now, so look for them tomorrow.
- Mama Cat has decided the kittens can live without her constantly on top of them (literally), so we've gotten a better look at the teeny kitties - who are doing just fine - when she goes out for food. Or whatever she's doing. Hopefully, it's food. I'd hate to see her come back with a pack of cigarettes or something.
- A lot of people are on spring break this week. I didn't take the week off, but it has been a break from my normal routine. I've had some things I've had to take care of, some fun times with Mom (who is off this week) and lots of time to think and rethink about life, business and all that little stuff. ;)
- Had a lovely morning coffee/tea date with my mom, sitting on the patio outside Liberty Market.
- I was on jury duty Wednesday. Pretty uneventful. The most exciting part was when the group that I was with got lost on the elevator. We couldn't figure out what floor we needed to go to. And, on the third try, when the doors opened and we were finally in the right place, spontaneous cheers erupted. (I am not making this up.) The people waiting to get on the elevator were pretty baffled.
- I'm getting excited about National Poetry Month! I have some fun ideas cooking!
- I created a page (actually, it's a Squidoo lens) about gardening in the desert southwest. I'd love for you to stop by, check it out, and let me know what you think. Also, if you want to create your own Squidoo page/lens, click here, and let me know if you have any questions.
- Have I mentioned before the hazards of the kids' section at IKEA? The whole place is filled with dangerously adorable toys. Brooke Shields may be concerned about children being born so parents have an excuse to buy a minivan. But I think there's an even greater threat than German engineering - Swedish whimsy.
Edited to add photos I took of my beautiful mom and those cute little kitties!