Fun from the grocery store:
I went looking for a jar of red peppers at Sunflower Market (which you already know I love) (no, they don't pay me to say that), and I instead I found this "Mediterranean appetizer" with red peppers AND parsley AND eggplant AND garlic. AND it was on sale. So...yum! That went into last week's quiche, pasta and pizza. And I wish I'd bought more.
Another great grocery find was this jumbo pita bread (ours came from Haji Baba), which was perfect for the pita pizzas. I used leftover ingredients from the week - mushrooms, green onions, pasta sauce, tomatoes, etc. - as toppings. Then I threw it in the oven at 350 degrees for 12 minutes, and the pita got very crisp and thin and easy for the Hubs to eat. (Yay!)
One more thing you might be interested to know (unless you're vegetarian) - bone-in ham is 79 cents a pound at Food City this week. If you don't have a Food City near you, I'm sure it'll be on sale somewhere else soon, since Easter is coming up.
As for what we're eating this week:
- Monday - Black bean soup (which is in the crockpot now)
- Tuesday - Ham with new potatoes and corn
- Wednesday - Mediterranean salad with chickpea patties (This is another Real Simple recipe, but I can't find it on their site - maybe too new.)
- Thursday - Fried rice with ham and veggies
- Friday - Last-minute lasagna
- Saturday - Probably more pita pizza (It's just so good! And so easy!)
Photos by me. Note: Pita bread bag is on pizza stone for scale. Do not throw the whole bag in the oven. ;)